New Connect and Cruise Package
Chevrolet Performance is breaking new ground with the launch of the new Connect-and-Cruise crate powertrain systems. They're factory-engineered engine-and-transmission combinations that include all the electronic control modules, wiring harnesses and other key components you need with the simplicity of one part number. Our engineers matched the engines and transmissions for optimal performance and durability, so you can wring out all the horsepower from them with total confidence. The specially calibrated controllers are designed for retrofit installation in older vehicles, for easier and quicker installation and operation, without the need for third-party tuning. Each one comes with an installation kit, including flex plates, covers and other important components to keep typical mid-project parts chasing to a minimum.
CPSLSAERODT56 - CHEVY PERFORMANCE LSA EROD SUPERCHARGED ENGINE WITH T56 6 SPEED
Engine and Trans Includes:•19257456 LSA EROD Engine Package
•GM Engine Controller Package
•19329795 GM T56 Transmission with shift lever & knob
•GM Bellhousing, flywheel & clutch installation package
E-ROD crate engine package—an unprecedented, emissions compliant powertrain that includes an LSA crate engine and other necessary parts to be 50-state emissions compliant. With the LSA engine and its stunning combination of horsepower and efficiency, a car builder can expect great performance at the drag strip or just cruising around town.
There are several states (as well as foreign countries) that require emissions compliance for specialty constructed vehicles. This has made it increasingly difficult for enthusiasts to build true high-performance cars and stay in the good graces of the law. E-ROD engines are an answer to these political pressures. GMPP worked closely with the influential California Air Resources Board (CARB) and secured approval that makes E-ROD-equipped vehicles compliant in California and other areas that mirror CARB's recommendations and emissions standards. GMPP is the pioneer for this new era in hot rodding, as no other O.E.M. or aftermarket manufacturer offers a comparable, CARB- approved system.
The new 2009-2013 Cadillac CTS-V ups its performance with an all new 6.2L supercharged LSA engine that delivers 556 HP making it second only to the Corvettes LS9 supercharged engine as the most powerful production LS crate engine offered by GM Performance Parts. It is based on the same foundation as the LS9, but with a slightly smaller supercharger and a few other unique components designed to deliver Cadillac's signature quietness and refinement.
But just because the LSA doesn't have the same peak power numbers of the LS9 engine doesn't mean it comes up short in any important measurement. The unique aluminum cylinder block casting houses a forged steel crankshaft and super tough reciprocating parts, integrated piston cooling jets, high flow cylinder heads and a relatively mild camshaft with .492" lift on both intake and exhaust sides.
The forced induction of the 1.9L sixth generation supercharger makes up for the comparative lack of valve lift by packing the combustion chamber full of air and fuel. This gives the LSA 556 horsepower and 551 Ft. Lbs of torque, along with excellent idle quality and "right now" throttle response. And unlike the LS9, the LSA comes with a conventional wet sump lubrication system.
Technical Specifications:• Engine type - LS series Gen IV small block V8
• Displacement - 376 CID (6.2L)
• Bore & Stroke - 4.06" X 3.62" (103.25mm X 92mm)
• Block - 12627939 cast aluminum with 6 bolt cross-bolted main caps
• Crankshaft - 12603616 - 8-bolt Forged steel
• Connecting rods - 12604857 powdered metal
• Pistons - 12625119 Hypereutectic aluminum
• Camshaft - Hydraulic roller - .480" / .480", 198 / 216 @ .050"
• Cylinder heads - 12604860 aluminum L92 style with 68cc chambers
• Valve size - 2.16 / 1.59
• Compression ratio - 9.1:1
• Rockers arms - 1.7:1 Roller trunnion
• Recommended fuel - 92 octane
• Max RPM - 6600
• Reluctor wheel - 58X
• Fully GM assembled long block
• Ignition Coils, Plug Wires and Spark Plugs
• Oil pump, pick-up and Corvette oil pan
• Exhaust Manifolds
• Engine wiring harness
• Engine control module with emissions-legal calibration
• Catalytic converters
• Oxygen sensors and sensor bosses
• Fuel tank evaporative emissions canister
• Air filter
• Mass airflow sensor and sensor boss
• Accelerator pedal (for use with drive by wire electronic throttle body)
• Instruction manual
• Supercharger, Intake, Injectors and Throttle Body
• Factory 24240678 dual-mass manual flywheel
• Harmonic Balancer
• Front timing cover
• Aluminum Water Pump
• 22901367 Intercooler Fluid Pump
• Oil Filter
• Passenger Side RH Oil Dipstick and Tube
General Motors limited 2 year / 50,000 mile parts & labor warranty.